A few days ago we updated some new pictures on our website showing the updates of the VisionBot PnP machines from our website. It shows a new VisionBot automatic Pick and Place machine. In a couple of days we are shipping for the first time a VisionBot internationally and it will go to … United Kingdom, Waverley, Cheshire. In the following couple days we will post a new blog post showing the shipping box and how do we prepare for the shipping. We redesigned the Automatic Feeders to use SG90. We couldn’t wait to receive the new automatic feeders PCBs from Hong Kong, so we decided to do a first test with some prototypes PCBs 😀 The new automatic feeders are much easier to operate and they work very good. We also improved our optical sensors. We are quite confident that the shipping of assembled VisionBot throughout major cities of Europe is nearly 200 Euros. Many folks asked us why we don’t want to release the machine in a DIY kit? The answer is quite simple: it is damn hard to assembly it. It takes a lot of time even to us, the creators to assembly and calibrate the machine to have a high precision. Although the price of a kit will drop even to half of the initial price, we prefer to don’t ship the VisionBot machines in hardware DIY kits. Probably in 3 weeks we will ship the next units throughout Europe. The VisionBot automatic Pick and Place machine is still doing significant progress and definitely this model is not the final version of our machines. More updates will be done in the following weeks.
I did significantly progress developing the first prototype of the VisionBot SMT Pick and Place robot. I also did the first fully functional test to assembly an entire Printed Circuit Board using VisionBot SMT Pick and Place robot. I redesigned and remade the main PCB of the VisionBot microcontroller into a smaller one. I believe in maximum two months I will finish and publish the first promotional video about my startup. I fixed many firmware bugs, one of them was that on one axis the machine was making x-1 steps. So each time it was forgetting one step. To understand that it works properly, I tested moving thousands of steps on different axis and in the end I was returning to the 0,0,0,0 position. Through this verification method, I was able to understand if the machine loses any step.
In the last developments to improve the machine, I also introduced 7 feeders with 5,000 Surface Mount Devices each. You can see the feeders in the pictures attached to this blog post. I bought te 35,000 resistances from E-bay for nearly $100.
Besides working at the machine itself, I also worked to improve the Search Engine Optimization – SEO for my blog but also for VisionBot official web page. Right now, I am looking to find a few volunteers who would like to translate VisionBot home page into Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, German, Russian, French and Japanese. In the next blog post I will talk about the improvements I did to the Computer Vision Software.