I did significantly progress developing the first prototype of the VisionBot SMT Pick and Place robot. I also did the first fully functional test to assembly an entire Printed Circuit Board using VisionBot SMT Pick and Place robot. I redesigned and remade the main PCB of the VisionBot microcontroller into a smaller one. I believe in maximum two months I will finish and publish the first promotional video about my startup. I fixed many firmware bugs, one of them was that on one axis the machine was making x-1 steps. So each time it was forgetting one step. To understand that it works properly, I tested moving thousands of steps on different axis and in the end I was returning to the 0,0,0,0 position. Through this verification method, I was able to understand if the machine loses any step.
In the last developments to improve the machine, I also introduced 7 feeders with 5,000 Surface Mount Devices each. You can see the feeders in the pictures attached to this blog post. I bought te 35,000 resistances from E-bay for nearly $100.
Besides working at the machine itself, I also worked to improve the Search Engine Optimization – SEO for my blog but also for VisionBot official web page. Right now, I am looking to find a few volunteers who would like to translate VisionBot home page into Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, German, Russian, French and Japanese. In the next blog post I will talk about the improvements I did to the Computer Vision Software.